Tuesday, October 12, 2010

It's Time!

I think today is the day we will hear if we are moving on to the 2nd round of the DMP. I really believed that last Friday was "the day", seemed like with the reduced entry time period, there would be fewer applicants, therefore  taking less time to read.  I still think there had to be fewer applicants, a lot of people procrastinate, just get busy, life gets in their way and 5 days would have just slipped away before they realized. Hopefully that just means more time is being spent reading the responses. I think that will benefit the real WDW fans, hopefully our knowledge will be obvious.

So what I am feeling? First I'm happy that it wasn't Friday, I didn't even think about writing my thoughts that day, I just rushed to email and the Disboards. Now I have the opportunity to reflect, this blogging is brand new to me, I'm more of a go rushing in kinda girl. Taking a moment to breathe and think is actually very calming, I'm enjoying the process.

That said, why have I taken two weeks to write. My college freshman was sick when I last posted, it went seriously downhill  after that afternoon. She has the stomach flu, not that big of a problem, unless you are diabetic. She has had type 1 diabetes since she was 11, but this was our first crisis. If you know about diabetes is is all about the food, eat, take insulin. Oddly when diabetics get stomach bugs it doesn't matter that they aren't eating, their blood sugar skyrockets. Very hard to get a handle on, at home with mom monitoring we've always managed to make it through the episodes, but first time at college, it all got away from her and she ended up in the ER. Followed by an airlift to a larger hospital, and ending up in ICU. Anyway, happy ending, she is back at school, already caught up and studying for mid-terms. For the blogger, life got in my way(not that I haven't been religiously checking email and Dis) and I haven't had the time to write.

So what am I feeling today?  Absolutely not confident, I'm still not convinced that they received my responses, just too much effort getting the system to accept it, kept telling me too many characters, no I didn't cut and paste ;). That has been in the back of my head the whole time telling me not to get too confident, they may not even have a chance to read my witty, informative, well written 100 word gems. Last year I was my first year to apply, and I was devastated not to move to Round 2, this year I am better prepared for the possibility. At least I think that I am, we'll have to see what reality truly is. Do I still want this? Yes!!!, absolutely, however watching my kid lay in the ICU, may have gained me a whole lot of perspective on priorities. I'll just try again and again until I get on the panel. It doesn't have to be this year, patience is a virtue, one I've never really practiced, but I am a quick study!

Let's go check those emails. WDW claims they won't necessarily tell you if you are a "reject", I know, I know,  we're all winners, except that in truth we aren't! I just know that is how I felt last year, and probably will again this year. The difference this year is that I can handle being a reject better, and can be happier for those moving on. I feel certain I will still be envious, just not angry like I felt last year. But I hope they do send out the email, with the thanks but no thanks, at least then you know for sure. Hopefully Disney ironed out some of the problems that occurred last year, a lot of unhappiness resulted from some negligence on their part. Too easy to be already disappointed, then get caught up in a negative reaction.

All right, here we go................

No comments:

Post a Comment