Thursday, November 11, 2010

New Moms Panelists

So today concludes the 2011 Disney Moms Panel search. Congratulations to all who have been selected to the coveted positions. Weird, but I felt a little sad for myself again, I guess just the finality! Like maybe they would say "we messed up, let's call that Teri girl out in New Mexico" ;). Feeling a bit of a let down for some of the people on the Dis who had an even bigger disappointment today. Five of the fifteen Disers who interviewed made it on to the panel, but last year I think almost all of the Disers who interviewed made it. Last year was a larger panel, seems like they took close to 20, some part-time, some full time, where as this year I believe they were taking only 10. Pretty sure I would have gotten pretty confident had I been granted an interview. (Change that to 6 of 16, someone came out of hiding to join the Disers)

Every year I look at the "Moms" chosen and try to figure out what made them stand out from the others. One of those games that will make you crazy. This year was even harder, several of the"Moms" from the Dis were infrequent posters, so didn't get a feel for their personalities or qualifications. I can see there are demographics being represented, can't wait to see the whole panel, we're missing the "guy moms"!  So I've come to the conclusion that it is impossible to tell anything about the "whys" of the whole selection process, an ever changing process, each year challenges my perception of the previous year. One year it seems like being involved in social media, the twitter phenomenon, Facebook, etc, is a plus, followed by a year where that doesn't seem important. Best conclusion I can come up with, keep being yourself and maybe one year that special something you have, will be the "desired" something of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment