Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Not so Done for the Day

Just when you give up for the day, everything changes in the click of the mouse. Of course I couldn't just stop looking at my email, even though Done for the Day did seem like that was my plan ;). Maybe just one more peak, why in the world they would send it out that late WDW time I don't know, but after refreshing 92 times today, what is one more time! Nope, no email from WDW, not even Disney Movie Club, which I get allllll the time.

I'll go check in at the Dis, share in the misery of waiting until tomorrow. As soon as I saw the page count since I last checked in, my heart sank, I couldn't breathe, it was all over. Dang it, reject again. My daughter was working on her computer, she doesn't know anything about the whole DMP, so I just held it together and started reading the posts. Sure enough the board was a buzz with happiness and sadness. Count me in the sadness. The odd thing was that so many of the active posters, who I assumed would be amongst the round twoers, weren't. Just plain weren't..........and a bunch of people who call themselves lurkers were moving on.  I kept thinking the emails might be coming out in waves, ok someone else came up with that, I just latched onto it like a life preserver. Keep refreshing emails, maybe there is still hope, nope.

This month has had one happy ending so far, my daughter is happy and healthy after her health scare, but it looks like I get two. I've always liked October! After reading one Dis poster say hers ended up in her junk mail, I grabbed on to that life preserver. Did I really think I was going to get a congratulations email? No, but I did!

Now this "thing" that I've wanted so badly, is frankly scaring me. I have to put together a video. A video? What happened to last years head shot? Yikes!

Back to the Dis, check on people I've come to admire, hope for junk mail for them.

2 comments:

  1. Oh...congratulations for making it to the 2nd round! That is something to definitely be proud of. Now, think outside the box and make yourself shine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your encouragement! I am a little out of the box anyway, just have to find a way to put it into 60 seconds and 100 words!

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete