Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Time is Passing Slowwwwwwwwly!

Somehow I've managed to get caught up in the going crazy waiting to see if I've moved on to Round 2 of the Disney Mom's Panel. Yes, I know for a fact, absolutely, without a doubt, conclusively, decidedly, unquestionably(see Disney, I know a lot of words) that there will be no word on Round 2 for weeks. I feel really good about my responses, I think they were totally on target for what they are looking for, if I only knew what they wanted! The questions seemed easier for me this year, words just came without too much effort. Last year I really agonized over every word, and second guessed myself. However, this year I am also more realistic, I don't really anticipate moving forward. So why this constant need to see what everyone is saying on the Disboard? No one knows anything!

This is what I'm thinking; It is a camaraderie of a sort, we don't know each other personally, but we share a passion. If most of them are anything like me, it is a passion we don't share with too many of our friends or family.  Therefore being able to share our passion is really liberating, they get it!

So I guess I just need to come to terms with the constant pull to check in with the forum, it will be over before too long, and I'll probably miss it.

2 comments:

  1. Teri, I hear you... I was trying to figure out earlier why I feel such a pull to keep checking in, why I watch for Tweets from the moms... no one has a clue when we'll hear, but we know it won't be for weeks -- and then those few days will be AGONY!! I think you're right -- it's got to be the camaraderie and the fun and knowing that other people are going through the same thing. And I feel SO much better being able to write about it in my blog... I just wrote a funny one to myself about being glued to my computer chair. I swear, that's how it's felt the past few days -- like there is some invisible tether just constantly pulling me back!! Crazy.... but a good crazy....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for your comment on my blog -- and you're right, it's so fun to see a comment!! I kind of figured my blog would just be for me, to get stuff "out"... and I have a few Disney-crazy friends who I figured would check it out once in awhile. But you're right -- it sure is nice to see someone reading and commenting!! :)

    ReplyDelete