Monday, September 13, 2010

The Big Day

At least this weekend I was busy and couldn't think too much about the DMP questions. Well, I did check in last night at 10:02 pm MT, just in case the questions would be up at 12:00 pm ET! Should have read the rules, because it said clearly 9:00 am ET. No reason to lay in bed dreaming up sparkling answers at least.

So up and logging in to see what the questions were, wow, definitely different from last year. Now I knew they would be different, but I still wrote up a bunch of ideas based on those same three questions. Back to the drawing board. I was expecting more of the heartfelt, talk about your WDW passion, but they seem to want more facts. Hmmmmmmmmm. Lunches and carpool took precedent at that point, don't these kids know that I want to be a Disney Mom(well actually no, because I haven't really shared my obsession with them, less disappointment all around, when/if I don't make it!), anyway took another hour to get back to business.

It is a job based on writing skills, so I knew well enough the no cut and paste rule, misspelled words will knock you out, and by the way maybe punctuation does count, kind of issues. So first typed it all up on a Word document, everything spelled perfectly, word count 99 in all three questions. I of course have no idea what they want on content, if I did I'd already be a DM. The feel of last years answers got me nowhere, I mean really nowhere, not even to round 2. So try a different feel, humorous yet professional, I'm sure there are all the same people reading again????, no doubt last years answers would be perfect for this years readers!

Now to just get it all written up in the Disney boxes. Sounds easy enough, type, proof, submit. Except after hitting submit, it came back with 12-23 word overages in every question. What???? I was looking right at the 1 word remaining in all boxes. Now what? Tried submit again, same response. Logged back in typed it up again, now only one question was 19 words too much, really????? Finally took out a bunch of spaces, hit submit, this time it took it. But what exactly did it take. I got one thanks for your submission, followed by a you've already submitted. I'm a big believer in Karma, so I must be making up for some crabby day, but I'd have preferred a flat tire!

So I may or may not have an application to the DPM, it could just be blank, 12-23 words too many or just a big blob of letters with few spaces. I'd complain to someone, but are they looking for a whiner?

Oh well, it's over. Now just the waiting. If I remember from last year, we'll be waiting about 3 weeks to know the round two candidates. Happy waiting to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment