Thursday, September 9, 2010

Day One

Not a particularly inspired title, however there has to be one day where you just begin something. Today is that day! With the exception of a half hearted blog, an assignment that I participated on with my 15 year old daughter, I have never given the blog world a try.

Why begin a blog? Disney in general and Walt Disney World specifically, have been an important part of my family's life since 1992 when my oldest daughter Rachel was born. I had been to WDW in 1979 with my mom and brother, and watched "The Mickey Mouse Club" as a kid, but really came to love all things Disney when I had my own kids. I think it started with the Disney characters, Disney television programs and the movies. Disney became a part of our lives. Our first trip to WDW in May 1998 introduced us to a whole "World" of the Disney characters and ideals come to life. A second trip at halloween in 1998(well we had purchased annual passes for our long trip in May, what else could we do but get the most value out of the tickets!)for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party had us hooked. Sometimes to my husband's dismay, we have returned year after year. I know there are families who are lucky to live near WDW and visit multiple times a year, we live in New Mexico and for us to travel to Florida annually is a big event.

Back to the blog. Last year I applied for the Disney Mom's Panel, didn't make it past round one, but I'm going to keep trying. I think I tried last year more as a whim, but was surprised by how emotional I felt when I didn't make it. Turns out the panel is something I really want to be a part of. I have always been the planner of trips to WDW, for our family and any other family who would listen to me! I have the guidebooks, the websites bookmarked, the maps, the DVDs, notes and photographs, if there is a reference to WDW I have it! The applications open on September 13th and I'll have my essays written and turned in that day,just in case being enthusiastically early gets you brownie points ;).

So welcome to my journey. Good luck to anyone else who shares the passion to join the Disney Mom's Panel. If I don't make the panel again this year, I'll share my WDW enthusiasm with my readers and attempt it again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment