Friday, September 17, 2010

Application Deadline Approaches

Today is the last day for the DMP applications. Finally!!!!, well really this year it seems to have flown by. Last year the open application time was longer, Sept 10-20th. This year less than half that time, I have to wonder why they shortened the time period? There was never a mention last year of having reached the magical 20,000 application cut off, so I'm hoping that they believe we "early birds" are the people they really want! Why weed through 20,000 if the cream of the crop is in the the first 10,000? I like that theory!

This year I'm just participating in one WDW forum, the Disboard, instead of every forum I can find. Refer to my Obssesion blog about that craziness......... Anyway, the Dis is a very devoted WDW group and I'm sure all of us on that forum applied in the first 2-3 days, I mean if this was something you really wanted, why wait 10 days? Last year(my first attempt), I was totally convinced if I didn't get it done on the first day by lunchtime, I'd miss the 20,000 cut! So maybe I am as "weird" about Disney as my non-Disney friends imply? This year with my more "take a breath, calm down" approach, I can appreciate the idea that there aren't millions of WDW addicts that want to do this. Is competing against 10,000 isn't that much better odds than the 20,000? If my smarty pants husband was here, he'd figure out the difference for me. I'm just going to say if sure seems like my chances are better.

Kind of feels like the last day of finals, nothing else to do but wait and see. Hope for the best! So for everyone who applied, Hope you passed!

No comments:

Post a Comment