Friday, September 10, 2010

Obsession

Late August of 2009 I saw the "coming soon" teaser for the 2010 Disney Mom's Panel(let's call it the DMP, save me a lot of typing!). Last year was the first year I submitted my application to Disney to be a part of the Mom's Panel. It started off as just a whim, I thought "this might be a lot of fun". I also thought, geez, who could know more about WDW than I do? I know it all............ok maybe a little too much confidence. But honestly in New Mexico where I live, I don't know a soul who has more WDW knowledge than I do. I get a lot of people who are actually stunned that I return to WDW every year. Of course, they have never been. They have been to Disneyland or Six Flags, and throw WDW into the same category. So I patiently explain that WDW is actually very nearly paradise, I get some converts, but many who think I may be a little nutty.



Oops, little off topic, back to the DMP! After making the decision to apply, I immediately went overboard. That is nothing new for me, I have a tendency to do that, especially when it comes to Disney. I was already a member of the Yahoo Disney group, but they didn't seem all that excited about the DMP, so I went searching for more Disney nuts. I knew they were out there somewhere. So I joined the Disboards, Passporter's, Netcot, Facebook group and Twitter(there may be more, I've probably blocked the extent of my craziness.), not to mention any blogs I could find. First I read the the posts from the previous panelist about their training. It blew me away that Disney made their whole adventure so incredible. Then I read every post from the earliest mention of the DMP to the very latest posts. I rejected the "just for fun" and it became my obsession. I became Neurotic Disney Mom #125 at thedisneydrivenlife.com, a truly exceptional Disney blog. Waiting impatiently for the applications to open, I started reading my guide books, just in case they gave me a pop quiz! I would be ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment